Monday, March 1, 2010

Indiana Jones

As a mom of 3 boys I have prepared myself mentally for alot of bumps, bruises, scratches, stitches, broken bones and all the other things that boys can get themselves into, but NOTHING prepared me for the event that occured this past Friday...


Friday afternoon around 2 o'clock my motherin-in law calls me and this is the conversation we have

MIL: "Hey, what are you doing?"
Me: "working, is everything ok?"
MIL: "well I have a little bit of an emergency, You see I picked up Hayden a little early from school since it's so nice outside so he and Landon could play a while before you came to pick them up, and they were in the back yard digging in the garden"
Me: "Who cut their finger off?"
MIL: "Oh, no, everyone has all their fingers and toes, but umm, they've cut a water line and water's going all over the place and I'm trying to figure out how to cut it off.  I've call the water dept and they should be here shortly but Carson's crying and sleepy and I'm trying to get the boys in the house and get them dry.
Me:  "I'll be right there"

Friday was a light day for us so I decided to go ahead and leave in order to help her out.

The whole time I'm driving I keep thinking "How bad could it be right?"  I mean Hayden is a 57 lb. 6 year old and water lines are USUALLY buried at least 2-3 feet deep.  As I pull up to ther hous this is what I see in the back yard





Seriously, what was he using, an ice pick?!!!!!

This is the story I got from Hayden...

Me: "Hayden, what happened?"
Hayden: "Well me and Landon were outside digging and I saw this blue thing and I told Landon that I found some treasure, so when I tried to dig it up one last time it started shooting water everywhere.  I'm so sorry mama, I didn't know it was going to shoot water everywhere"

Precious.

Luckily neither one of them got hurt.  Although I think my MIL needed a zanax by the time it was all over.  : ) 


2 comments:

Rachel said...

SO glad I have girls. I'll take lipstick on walls any day over broken water manes.

Sarah said...

Oh my mercy, I can't believe they did that. Truly a fabulous story! I'm honestly laughing out loud as I retell your story to the boys!!! Thanks for keeping it real, and fun.
God's blessings,
Sarah :D