Monday, September 14, 2009

The flu, haircuts and indescent exposure

Well, I finally went to the doctor Tuesday after having a fever and body aches for 3 days and I found out I had the flu! He told me I was only the 3rd person he had seen that had the symptoms and actually tested positive for it. Great! I feel so special! If any of you have never been tested for the flu let me just fair warn you...it's not fun. I should have known something was up when the nurse said "You're not going to like me after I do this test". He explained to me that he would have to swab up inside my nose in order to do the test. So I jokingly say "So if I gag and squirm around like a child you won't think anything of it will you?" and he replies with a grin on his face "That's how I know I'm in the right spot"....did he really just say that? Sure enough he pokes this flexible q-tip thing up my nose and I swear there was brain matter on the end of that thing when he pulled it out! My eyes watered for what seemed like hours. The important thing is that I'm better now, Thank the Lord! Hayden and Landon were in desparate need of haircuts so Eugene takes them to a different place than he normally does (why I don't know) and they both come back looking like G.I. Joe I kid you not. They won't need a haircut for a WHILE! Poor Hayden gets up this morning and cries because he wants to wear a hat to school today and I explain to him that he can't wear caps at school and he looks at me with those big brown eyes and rubs the back of his hair or what's left of it and says "But mom, I can't go to school with my hair like this" I felt so sorry for him although he didn't mind it looking like that all during the weekend. Go Figure! As far as the indescent exposure story goes I was completely and utterly embarrassed! Hayden's football game was at Fairview Saturday so we all trucked it over to Aggie Land. I had taken Carson to moms because it was just too hot to take him out there to the game. So anyway, Eugene is sitting at the top bleacher so he can video the game and I was sitting a few rows down and Landon is climbing up back and forth all over the place. Obviously neither of us are paying any attention to him because I see this lady sitting down from me and she's turned around looking back at where Eugene and Landon are and she is busting a gut laughing so hard so I turn around and what do I find....my 3 year old son with his shorts and underwear down by his ankles peeing in the bushes behind him! Luckily all you could see was his white butt. I have never wanted to crawl under a rock more than at that very moment. Thankfully everyone around thought it was hilarious and we didn't get thrown out of the game ;) Boys will be Boys.

No comments: