Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The No Name Saint...

Have you ever had one of those days where if it weren't for guardian angels watching over you you would surely lose your mind? Yesterday was one of those days for me. We get home and Hayden and I get out of the truck and I go around to get Landon out. Hayden closes his door and I close Landons door and walk around to the other side of the vehicle to get Carson out........the doors locked! I didn't panic at first, I calmly tried to open my door and it's locked as well. By this point I'm feeling a little sick at my stomach so I walk to the other side and try those doors, all locked. No worries I'll just call the locksmith and see if he can come unlock the door...oh yea that's right my purse is locked inside the truck along with my house keys and my phone, great! Now I'm panicking. Luckily my sister-in-law lives nearby and I had Hayden go to her house bring me her phone. I call the locksmith and explain that I've locked my 5 month old baby in the car and he arrives in record time (less than 5 minutes). By the time he gets there it is coming a torential down pour. The sweet guy parks his van gets out and has the door open in about 30 seconds. I get Carson out of the truck and he has been asleep the entire time, which was good cause if he had been crying wanting out I would have probably broken out a window or something. So I get the boys in the house and grab my purse to pay this sweet man who came to the rescue of one freaked out mama and as I head back outside he waves and says "have a nice evening" as he runs back to his van in the pouring rain. I said "but wait, what do I owe you?" he looks back and smiles and says "you don't owe me anything ma'am". AHH, What a nice guy. There's a special place in heaven for that man I'm sure of it. But don't think I'm not going to repay him. I've got a special goodie basket in store for him with his name on it, if only I knew what his name is. I guess I'll be making a special delivery to Cullman Locksmith this afternoon. ;)

No comments: