Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Hayden!

As I sit here this morning I'm wondering where the time goes. I can vividly remember bringing my first born home from the hospital and it literally seems like yesterday. I recall the events of that day, the anxiety, the nervousness, the excitement of meeting this little miracle that has grown inside of me for 9 months and the selfishness that I had knowing that I would soon have to share him with everyone else :) The day was long, Eugene and I arrived at the hospital at 11:00 p.m. the night before and our sweet little boy was born at 8:02 p.m. the next night by an emergency c-section. Now when I say emergency I mean emergency. The nurses wheeled me out of my L&D room at 7:53 and he arrived 7 minutes later. I was to say the least overwhelmed by everything that was going on. Nurses and O.R. techs are running around like chickens with their heads cut off (I've always hated that saying but that's exactly what they looked like) and I'm starting to freak a bit. I think they may have forgot about Eugene because when they finally asked him to come in he comes and stands by by head and says "Your stomach is ripped wide open". Gee thanks hon, how sweet of you to tell me that. A few minutes later Hayden Eugene Stancil arrived into the world weighing in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches long. There is NOTHING in this world like hearing your baby's first cry. I immediately started to cry myself and as I look at my husband with tears rolling down his cheeks he says to me "I love you, thank you for giving us this miracle baby." How sweet! Happy 6th Birthday Hayden! You are loved far beyond your imagination.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is the most beautiful post ever! I had no idea you had a blog, so I am super excited to follow the adventures of three men and a mommy!!! God's blessings on your weekend! Sarah :D