Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Butterbeans....

So last night I had planned on cooking some BBQ pork chops and asked the boys what they would like to have with it.  Here's the conversation I had with Hayden...

Me:  Hayden I'm cooking BBQ pork chops for supper, what do want to go with it?
Hayden:  Umm...do you have any macaroni and cheese?
Me: Yes
Hayden:  Ok, I want macaroni and cheese and (long pause)....green beans.
Me: Ok, macaroni and cheese and green beans it is!

Hayden:  No, wait a minute, I don't want green beans, I want brown beans.
Me:  Brown beans?  Like baked beans or pinto beans?  (I showed him what I meant by showing him the can)

He looks at the cans closely and says...

Hayden:  No, I don't want little brown beans I want the big brown beans, you know the ones that taste like butter.

Of course!  I knew exactly what you meant son ; )

So after all that how could I not make my baby some butterbeans.

No comments: