Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sick Kiddos

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted, we've been super busy lately.  Between me having surgery (everything went great by the way, thanks for the prayers), Hayden having homework every night, and just the all around mama work  that has to be done I've not had much time to do any blogging.  So it's time to play catch up. : )

We celebrated Eugene's 30th birthday this past weekend, although he keeps reminding me that he won't officially be 30 until this thursday.  Our plans were to have all our parents and siblings meet us for dinner Saturday night but all that changed when Landon woke up saturday morning with a nasty looking rash from head to toe.  Since I was busy making the birthday cake Eugene took little man to urgent care.  I was trying to think of everything that he'd eaten the past 24 hours that could have caused this, nothing came to mind. 

Diagnosis:  Strep throat

I was really confused that strep was the diagnosis since he wasn't runny a fever or complaining of his throat hurting, but low and behold the test came back positive.  Dr Oliver said that a rash is a sure fire sign of strep, weird huh?  So needless to say he wasn't going to the party and infect everyone else so my mom graciously volunteered to keep the boys so we wouldn't have to change our plans (Thanks mom, you're the best).  So Saturday night Hayden woke up around midnight wanting something to drink and complaining that his throat hurt.  GREAT!  I checked his temp and it was 101.2.  Poor guy.  All day Sunday he stayed on the couch wrapped up ina blanket.  He never ate a thing all day Sunday and only got off the couch to go to the bathroom.  So yesterday I stayed home with them and took him and Carson to the doctor.  Surprisingly neither of them had strep but they gave them both a antibiotic and decongestant anyway.  They are feeling much better this morning and I couldn't be happier. 

No comments: