Thursday, February 4, 2010

Was my face red?

Every Friday is library day for Hayden's class,  so this past Friday Hayden picked out a new book entitled "PIGS".  So Tuesday was the first night I had read the book to them ( I know, I'm behind).  The book talks about the many different kinds of pigs and where they orginated from, how big they can grow to, things that are made from pigs (which let me tell you right now was NOT a good thing to put in a children's book, I don't think Landon will eat bacon again and everytime Hayden picks up his football he looks at me with a pitiful look on his face, points to the ball and says "This is a pig?"), and then the book talked a little bit about how pigs feed their young.  Have you figured out where I'm going with this yet?

So as soon as I begin reading about how pigs feed their babies Hayden pipes up and says

"Oh, I know the answer to this"

"You do?", I asked

"Yep", he leans up toward me and mashes his hand againt my chest and says "They feed their babies with these just like you did Carson"

"That's right!",  I said as I tried not to make a big discussion about it.  He then proceeds to tell me this...

"Yep, that's what I told them when Mrs. Williams read us the book today"

"What? You told who?", I asked

"My class", he said "I told them that pigs feed their babies like you fed Carson, you know, with your boobies"



Blank stare, crickets are chirpping



I'm surprised there wasn't a letter sent home form his techer.  Even though I wasn't there to witness this educational speech my son made to his ENTIRE class, my face turned every shade of red that there is.  So Sarah if you need someone to assist you on your consultations with new moms, I know just the right person to help ; )

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so proud of my little mini-me!!! That is totally something James would say. And just so you know, I actually helped the librarian breastfeed her baby too. Of course poor Hayden's school record is probably flagged forever! ;>
God's blessings,
Sarah :D