Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sick little ones...

With all the crazy change in weather we've been having lately my 3 little men aren't feeling so well.  Nothing serious just the usual runny nose, cough and puffy eyes.  I had already made Landon an appointment to see his ENT doc to have his ears cleaned out (did I mention my children have some MAJOR wax issues, it's a problem, really)  We usuaslly have to go every 6 months to have Landon's ear done.  I'll spare you the details of what all comes out of those tiny little ears.  It could make Stephen King shiver.

Anyway, we get the ears all squeeky clean and being the nice doctor that she is she asked if anyone else in the family is sick and when I told her yes she graciously gives me samples out the whazoo and a script to go along with it, not to mention and discount card for the Allegra that will save me up to $240 a year!!! 

When it came time for the med this morning Hayden and Carson took it without complaint but Landon was a different story.  The medicine is a little white chewable tablet that "dissolves" in your mouth and is suppose to taste like "orange cream".  Now I've never seen an orange that had cream in it so I'm guessing it takes like a dreamcicle popcicle, which I've never been a fan of so I was a little more understanding that he didn't want to take it.  I decided that since it is suppose to "dissolve" in your mouth that I would put it in some apple juice and get him to drink it that way.  WRONG!  He took one sip and said  "UGH mama this has medicine in it!" and began to cry. My attempt had failed so I chalked it up to another loss and decided to give him another OTC med that I had in the cabinet.  By the time I get back into the living room I hear Hayden talking to Landon...

Hayden:  Hey buddy, it's ok.  Your juice doesn't have medicine in it.  Just try another sip ok.

Landon takes another sip...

Landon:  Mmmm, you're right it's good.  It don't got no medicine in it.

Hayden:  See I told you, now drink it all gone ok buddy.

And that he did, to the very last drop. 

It's sweet really if you think about it, the bond that brothers have, but why do they insist on driving their mother crazy first before they decide to do what was asked of them in the beginning? 
UGH!  I need a Zanax! ; )

No comments: