Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wow!  I've been MIA for quite some time haven't I.  Sorry about that, things have been kinda of crazy with all the holiday gatherings we have to attend.  The boys are getting SOOOOO excited about Santa coming. They ask me or Eugene everyday..."How many more days til Santa gets here?"  It's so sweet to see how excited they get this time of year. 

Eugene and I were talking and reminiscing about our favorite childhood memories of Christmas and we both agreed that it's kind of sad that since we are older that we don't have that excitement anymore.  I mean don't get me wrong we absolutely LOVE to see the look on our boys faces when they wake up on Christmas morning to see what Santa has brought and being with our wonderful families but the hussle and bussle of the holiday season takes it toll on both of us.  Between worrying about where we are going to go and what time we have to be there and what day we're going to have it and not to mention the financial burdens that goes along with it makes me dread this holiday most of all and that really upsets me because it's not about who got this present or how much it cost, it's about a tiny little baby who came into this world and unselfishly gave his life for all of us.  The thought of that simply amazes me! So as you're spending time with your loved ones and enjoying all the gifts your received and seeing the excitement on your children's faces please take a moment to remember the greatest gift of all...Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour

I truly love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Beautifully written sis! We missed you on Christmas Eve. I hope your family is feeling better!
God's blessings, Sarah :D