Monday, December 28, 2009

A Very Busy Weekend...

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  I'm still trying to peel my boys off the wall :)

Here's a run down of how my weekend started...

I get home wednesday to find Carson ill as a hornet.  He was fussy, coughing and pulling at his ears, snot was pouring out of his little nose, his eyes were all red and swollen so needless to say we made a trip to the Urgent Care that night.  We officially have our first ear infection, which I think is pretty good since he's 8 months old.  Landon already had tubes in his ears by this time.  They gave him a antibiotic and cough medicine and sent us on our way.  We decided to stay home the next day even though we were suppose to go to my Granny's and have her AWESOME breakfast (I'm still bummed about that might I add)

On Christmas morning Eugene and I get up and wake the boys up so they can see what Santa brought.  Eugene picks Landon up out of bed and sets him on the floor in the hallway and he immediately starts crying "My leg hurts, my leg hurts".  I thought maybe he had slept on it wrong or that his foot was asleep or something, but the more I watched him the more concerned I became.  He began to limp and as the day went on it became worse.  I was trying to think of something that he had done to have maybe injured it but nothing came to mind.  Around 6:15 that night he could hardly walk and my mom said that his leg looked twisted from the knee down.  She met me at the ER and they did x-rays and took some blood, both came back fine except for his sedimentation rate, which I think has to do with inflammation or something like that.  It was pretty elevated.  The doctor asked me if he had been sick recently and I told him that he has been fighting a cold for several weeks now.  He checks him out and he has bilateral ear infections and sinus infection.  He then proceeds to tell me that he has a viral infection in his hip joint due to the infection in his head.  Wierd I know.  Apparently he has had this infection for some time and it never became anything more to me than a runny nose and slight cough, nothing a little OTC medicine could fix, right?  WRONG!  The ER doctor referred me to an orthopedic doctor for a follow up. 

So today I consult Dr. Dueland about the whole situation and he tells me that it should fix itself within 7-10 days and if it gets any worse or starts to recur when he's sick to call him.

Thankfully both Landon and Carson are back to their normal selves and we can ring in the New Year with Healthy babies :)

No comments: