Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Do you ever wonder if you're doing a good enough job as a parent?

I know I question my parenting skills quite often and wonder if I make the right decisions in diciplining my boys or giving the right answers to random questions asked by such wise little minds. 

Since Eugene's grandmother passed away in April, Hayden has had several questions about God and why people die and things to that nature.  There were even some questions that I didn't know how to answer, questions that you wouldn't think a 6 year old would know to ask. 

Struggling to answer his questions made me question my own faith.  Although I somehow answer his questions, I don't feel like it's enough to explain to him how awesome our God really is.

Do I believe there is a God?
Absolutely

Am I a Christian?
I like to think so

Have I been setting an example for my children?
Not so much. :(

It's my job as a parent to teach my children about Jesus and being a christian all the wonderful things that go along with that, and if I don't do that I have failed them and I've failed my heavenly Father.

Eugene and I are looking for a church to call home.  A church to where we aren't just another face in the crowd but a brother and sister in Christ.  Please pray for us in that we will find where God wants us to be. 

God Bless!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Kala, as I write this there are tears streaming down my face. First off, you are a fabulous mother. I am honored to have seen how your mothering has blossomed with the addition of each child. Second off, no gift is more precious to your children than the gift of salvation. I am praying for you as you find your church home. We would love to have you worship with us anytime!
God's blessings on you, Sarah :D