Thursday, January 14, 2010

God Is In Our House....

Lately I've been talking the ears off our sweet heavenly Father and I know He has been listening with ears wide open.

Over the past SEVERAL months things at our household have been difficult and stressful to say the least.  I'll spare you the details.  Just know that I was afraid that my marriage of nearly 8 years was about to end.

Bare with me because I'm not sure why I have felt the need to tell my entire family and friends about this, especially through a blog post, but for some reason I feel the need to share.

Tuesday morning I was listening to "David and Russell in the Morning" on WDJC on my way to work and heard them make this statement...

"There's a reason to make your relationship work and that reason is Jesus."

It hit me like a ton of bricks.  They were absolutely right!  Jesus wants us to succeed in our marriages and He wants us to be together and He wants us to work our problems out, otherwise we wouldn't be together, right?

As I parked my car I began to pray.  I prayed that God would heal my marriage and make us stronger as a couple and to be the mother and father to our children that He wants and needs us to be.  I've come to the realization that I'm not in control.  HE is in control and if we would just let Him take over and give all our problems to Him, all will be well.

Now that was only two days ago and I can already see a transformation taking place between my husband and I.  There is finally a sense of peace there that I haven't felt in a very long time.  We will continue to fight for our marriage and let God be in control.  You know He has a pretty good track record when we obey Him and just let Him take over. 

We are still trying to find a church home and I have a feeling we're getting close to achieving that.  Please keep us in your prayers as we still have a long way to go.

Love to all!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

God is so good! I'm praying for you and your sweet family. I know He has big plans for the Stancil five!
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

Rachel said...

Hey... I found your blog!! Yay!!!